Don’t forget the Marston Magna Midsummer Fair is this Saturday 15th June.
· At 2.00 the Duck Race from the Mill, Rimpton Road to the Village Green
· From 2.30 you can enjoy:
o 16 stalls featuring local produce, crafts, plants, collectables and much more
o Children’s games and activities (under 16s) and a visit from a Fire Engine
o A brass band, a dance display
o BBQ featuring meat and buns from local suppliers (veggie options also available)
o Cream teas
o Ice creams
o Pimms & Prosecco
o Beer (keg and cans)
o Marston Magna Cider
· From 3.00:
o The dog show
Great raffle prizes, tickets still available
Please come and support the Fair and help raise money for Village causes
Marston Magna Midsummer Fair – 2018
Allocation of Funds
A number of bids were received for funding from the proceeds of the Midsummer Fair and an allocation committee (comprising people independent of any of the organisations/activities seeking funding) has assessed each of them.
Funds were allocated as follows:
* Playground equipment – £500 towards the cost of renewing or extending playground equipment. Support and maintenance to be further discussed with the Parish Council.
* The “mowing gang” – £500 toward the costs incurred this year in keeping the grass cut in the Moat Field and to cover the continuing costs next year.
* First Aid Course – £300 provided that enough people sign up to make it worthwhile (and make a small contribution to the costs).
* St Mary’s Church – £2,000 towards general running costs.
If you have any ideas for the event that you would like to suggest or if you would like to volunteer to help with the organisation please contact Ann McKee on 01935 850471 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2017 event contributed to the formation of the Village Action Group, and towards the Community Dinner organised by our Cidermen, as well as support to the local Church and the Village Hall.
Photos from 2018:
Photos from 2017: